Saturday, July 21, 2007

For Christine

Christine, thank you so much for dropping by today with Steve. I had not met him before, and had not seen you for several years. You cannot know how very wonderful it was to see you again. And it was also a dream come true for me to have you finally meet your cousin Wendi.
Over the years, I've done a series of photos of an old violin that I had painted white. I never quite knew what to use these photos for, except for something to kickstart my creative juices when they decided to dry up. I always look into peoples eyes, whom I haven't seen for a while, as it tells me just a little of how their lives have been. Yours told me of a sadness, and courage, and yet a deep vein of serenity that lay quietly underneath. It made me think of this photo, which I hope conveys a sense of character, warmth and strength. It was taken with existing light that is warm and gentle. Peace to you my girl.

No comments: