Sunday, September 16, 2007

My Doggie


Allow me to introduce you to Neptune, or Neppie as we call him. While I was tending to the corn on the BBQ this evening, I noticed that Neppie had chosen a place at the bottom of the deck, to rest a while. So I grabbed my camera which was nearby on the table, and fired off this shot. He is 12 years old, and slowing down now. But he is still quite handsome, I think. He spent the first 5 years or so of his life as a stud at a CKC kennel, and sired a few champion show dogs, as I am told. I came by him when his previous owner passed away suddenly, and I was more than happy to give him a good home, as we had had a sheltie before. They are a hardy and delightful little dog, that competes in the "working dog" class at national dog competitions. The breed originated from the Hebrides islands off the coast of Scotland, and were bred for herding sheep.

No comments: