Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Last Rose of Summer?


The colour of this wild rose caught my eye, as I had not expected to see roses in October. The wind was tossing it around wildly, and I did not think I stood a ghost of a chance of getting a decent shot. Then my wife said, "looks like the last rose of summer." So I knew I had to at least try. Usually when I photograph flowers, I use a tripod, and very careful focusing. However, today I had no tripod, and in this wind, it would have been useless anyway. So I put my Fuji FinePix S9100 digital camera on Auto focus, and Aperture Priority mode at f5.6 and hoped for the best. I was very surprised that it turned out this well. While it is not perfectly focused when viewed up close, it made me happy considering the circumstances. Hope you enjoy also.

No comments: