Thursday, October 18, 2007

Night Time Visitors


When this picture was taken, there were no computers. They had not been invented yet. I was exposing my first roll of Kodachrome 25 slide film with my old Minolta SRT101, and a Rokkor 50mm, 1.4 lens. The exposure was somewhere around f8 for about 30 seconds, using a tripod of course. I never dreamed that one day, I would happen upon this old slide while searching for something else. Sometimes that's how treasures are found, when we are not looking for them. And I still have very fond memories of that old SRT101 clunker. It captured many many memories of our children as they grew up, and all the various family occasions. So I just had to scan this on my 7200 dpi Plustek film/slide scanner, and pass it along to anyone who cares to enjoy.
The traffic up and down Signal Hill, St. John's, Newfoundland, and the greenish hue of the Marconi Tower, made for a striking and colourful night time scene, I think. Aaah, the good old days......

No comments: