Monday, October 1, 2007

Violets


It's Sunday morning, and I am enjoying a quiet coffee, as the rest of my clan are gone to the grocery store for a few items. The sunlight is beautiful this time of the year, and I noticed a shaft of light spilling onto this little violet plant that was sitting on top of the dish washer. My wife had picked it up at an estate sale, and had nursed it along until it was finally blooming. So I went and got my Fuji FinePix S20Pro digital camera, and pushed the macro button for this closeup shot. The velvety texture of the petals, and the hairy leaves make this a very nice house plant. The purple colour is so rich. Hope you like it.

1 comment:

insanity-suits-me (Dawn) said...

I'm so glad you dropped by today. I don't get many visitors from home very often! I live on the Avalon Peninsula.
You're photography is absolutely stunning. The lighthouse in particular caught my attention!
Take care,
TwistedSister