Friday, February 22, 2008

In Pursuit Of.....?


These sculptures of men running were photographed at the Sculpture Park on the waterfront in Windsor, Ontario. I knew as soon as I saw them, that there was a something very interesting there. They must be about 12 feet tall, and very imposing. The more I walked around them, the more that I was intrigued by them. There had to be a message there. But for me, the prevailing light had a lot to do with it. It seemed to say to me that for some of us in this world, we seem to be forever living in the shadows, and are constantly striving to burst out into the sunlight. Or some of us are constantly trying to run as hard as we can to keep up with those who appear to have attained success and notoriety. Or maybe we are trying to catch a glimpse of who we really are. But I guess art is like that. It is all very subjective and open for interpretation. It speaks differently to each of us, depending on our life experiences. This photo was taken with my Minolta Maxxum 9, and 16mm fisheye lens, on Fuji Reala 100 film, if that is of interest to you.

No comments: