Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Abstract Pansy

The colours of this pansy caught my attention, and I decided that it would possibly make a nice abstract. This particular effect was achieved by using my 100mm Soft Focus lens with close up filters of 5 diopters on the front, and the softness dialed in to #3. I decided to hand hold the camera to possibly add to the effect. It was shot with Fuji Reala 100 film, then scanned and edited in Corel. It could have been cropped differently, but I decided to leave it alone.... I remember as a little guy, my mother used to grow these little plants all over our yard, but this one was planted by my wife in our front flower garden. Wonderful flowers planted by wonderful ladies! With Mother's Day coming up, I guess this is my humble tribute to them both.

No comments: