Saturday, May 24, 2008

Apple Blossoms

This sprig of apple blossoms was found on the tree growing in the back corner of my property. It is nothing special particularly, just a happy little scene. I have liberated myself from comforming constantly to the "rules" of composition, and thirds, etc... The macro mode on my Fuji FinePix S9100 was used, and as a wide angle close up picture, the inclusion of the trees and sky helps provide a realistic background. The camera was hand held, as everything was moving with the slight breeze, and at f5 for 1/140 sec, the sharpness is more good luck than good management. The apple tree was in the shadows, and a shaft of light played on this little group of blossoms, making it stand out. So I got behind it and took my chances. Hope you like it.

No comments: