Sunday, May 4, 2008

Monarch Butterfly

Pretty soon now, hopefully, we can all get back to doing something important, like photographing one of these little guys. I got to rummaging around this weekend, and came across a box or two of old Kodachromes, and decided to scan a few. This Monarch was shot when I was first learning about photography, long before the years of wedding and portrait photography.......back when there was no one to please but myself. I'm glad to have returned to that place again, but I'll never be embarassed by my early endeavours either. It's fun again!

4 comments:

André Lemay said...

I really like your pictures. I will add your site in my favorites links. I got to your site thru Mike, my teacher.

Anonymous said...

Hi Dave

I realy enjoy viewing your work and reading your comments.

"it's fun again"

I wholly agree.
I have just started to get backing to photography for myself.

Bill Silver

Anonymous said...

There is a certain integrity that goes with doing something just for you, for the fueling of your soul, for the pure joy of it. That's a wonderful place to be, when you can find the time to be there, of course. And, again, to steal a quote, "passion is the fire that ignites itself..."
Let it burn, man!

David c.h. Brown said...

Thank you Andre, I'm glad you enjoy my pictures. Dave

Hi Bill,
Thanks for the comments. It's nice to hear from you. Hope you get to the "fun place" again also. Dave

To Anonymous, Thank you for you kind comments also. It is very wonderful for the opportunity to just be....finally. Dave