Sunday, June 29, 2008

This Old House

I took a drive today out to Restoule, and parked for a while down by the boat launch area. As we were leaving and turning unto the main road, this old house was sitting there, and I had to grab a shot. The words to the old country song, started to return to my memory, you know the one. Ain't got time to fix the shingles, Ain't got time to fix the doors, Ain't got time to oil the hinges, Nor to mend those window panes, Ain't gonna need this house no longer, I'm a gettin' ready to meet the same. Old houses seem to have a life of their own, and often remind us of our own lives. They were once filled with laughter of family and friends, and after a while, everyone moves on to something else. And when no one cares about upkeep, or is able to anymore................. It was such a beautiful day for a drive, and everything is so lush and green after the rain.

2 comments:

David said...

I enjoyed your picture of the old house in Restoule and have posted a link to it on the Restoue site (http://www.restoule.com)

David c.h. Brown said...

Thank you David for your comment. I'm glad my delving into things nostalgic was of interest to you. Happy Canada Day! Dave B.