Friday, September 12, 2008

Got it Opened!!

Upon arrival in Windsor, Ontario, I was totally whipped! Two and 1/2 days of packing this truck, and then a 10 hour drive to Windsor from North Bay, had left me feeling pretty exhausted. Soooo, upon backing the truck into the driveway of our new home, I unlocked the back door, and when I tried to lift it, it would only move about 4 inches. A feeling of nausea swept over me, and after trying to force it open, I realized that no way was it going to budge! What to do about this was more than my fatigued brain could handle at this point. Then one of the fellows who had come to help unload suggested that I get into the truck, start it up, and gun it down the driveway and slam on the brakes!! Sounded crazy to me, but I wasn't going to argue and what else could I try anyway. Well I followed his suggestions, and the neighbors thought a mad man had moved amongst them. But guess what? It worked like a charm. So I gently reversed back up the driveway, and to my delight, the door slid up so nicely. My son took this picture to record the event. My thanks to these great guys who showed up to help me unload. They are truly the greatest, and the people of Windsor have been cheerful and helpful even though they have had a rough time in this city with all the plant closings, etc.. Thanks again to Russell, Frank, Glen and Greg for all their help, as well as little Owen who pitched in. It took them 4 1/2 hours to unload a truck that took me 2 1/2 days to pack. Great stuff! Ooops, I had better not forget Sharon, Wendi and Bev, for all their hard work as well, and Carrie for the excellent lunch. Thanks everyone!!

P.S. I HATE BOXES!!!

No comments: