Sunday, October 19, 2008

Autumn's Colours On Riverside Drive

Yesterday afternoon, I put my Fuji S9100 in the front parcel carrier of my bike, and took a rather lengthy ride from my home in Riverside area of Windsor, to the Ambassador Bridge. I was on the hunt for autumn colours, and also to help me adjust to photographing in an urban setting. I am not used to that, and I found it rather uncomfortable to point my camera at someone's home. But the backlighting on the trees in this scene was more than I could resist. The cast or slant of the autumn sunlight lends a lovely glow to just about everything.

2 comments:

Frank said...

Dave-Great shot.I can see what you mean about the backlighting on the trees.

David c.h. Brown said...

Hi Frank,
Backlighting is sweet lighting. Used it a lot shooting weddings, with fill flash of course. Thanks for looking in. Dave