Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Late Bloomer

This Purple Clematis peeking through the wire mesh is a late bloomer, and I had no idea that I would still be shooting this type of scene on the 21st of October. I was checking Mike de Moree's blog this morning, and discovered that North Bay had its first snowfall of the season last night. I was a bit nervous about moving down here to Windsor, after having lived for so many years in North Bay, but that sensation is starting to ease a little now, as a result of the extended summer and autumn seasons. The less scraping of ice from the car windshield, the better. However, this little flower is for my friend, Frank, who I learned late this evening that he had taken ill suddenly, and is now in hospital. Hope you have a speedy recovery my friend, and will be back on your feet again soon.

Camera: Maxxum 7D
Lens: Minolta AF 75 ~ 300 mm
Editing software: Photoshop CS3, Corel Paint Shop Pro Photo x2

2 comments:

Frank said...

Dave-Thank you SO much!

David c.h. Brown said...

Hey Frank,
So happy to see the Gods smile on you. We are all so lucky! Thanks, Dave