Monday, October 27, 2008

Windsor's Red Rose of October

On my way back from paying a bill at City Hall today, I decided to stop at one of the parks along the riverfront, and spend a while taking a few shots of the trees, leaves, or whatever I would happen upon. After about an hour of wandering about, and keeping my distance from the large flock of Canada Geese there, I decided it was time to go. Just as I was about to go to the car, this lone little flash of red caught my eye in the distance. I could not believe it when I got closer and found this lovely red rose, swaying away in the wind. It brought to mind the words of an old Scottish melody that I love to play on my button accordion, "My Love is like a red red rose, that's newly sprung in June" "My Love is like a melody that's sweetly played in tune." This rose may have been sprung in June, but this is October 27th! You gotta love that! I'm guessing that if this is not the last rose of summer here in Windsor, it will likely be the last one that I get to photograph this year. At any rate, it was a pleasant surprise, and made my day. Hope you like it also.

Camera: Maxxum 7D ~ 450 mm (equiv. 35mm) @ f 5.6 for 1/60 sec ~ Anti shake switch on, hand held.
Lens: Minolta AF 75 ~ 300 with #2 close up filter attached.

No comments: