Thursday, December 4, 2008

It'll Be Ready Soon!

My friend Frank & I went out this morning to take a few pictures, and really had no particular place in mind. After a cup of Tim's, we headed over to the place where the new arena is being built. It is almost completed now, and will be the new home of the Windsor Spitfires OHL team. I think they will find this new place a vast improvement over the old "barn" as it is affectionately called. There is about 4 ice surfaces in this building, and this photo shows the interior of the main arena. We arrived there just as the workers were in the process of hoisting the new score board. It will show all the details of the game, and looks like it also will display instant replays on the screens on each side. I can imagine how excited the Spitfires will be to chalk up some stats on this board. I had a quick look about, and I don't think there is a bad seat in the house, although some of them on the ends are pretty high up. But overall, the OHL fans in Windsor are in for a real treat. The Spitfires are a terrific team, and I'm sure will be deserving of this new venue.

2 comments:

Mike de Moree said...

Great shot Dave. Except I have vertigo and every time I see pictures of people working high up it makes me a bit nervous.
Mike

David c.h. Brown said...

Hey Mike,
Thanks for commenting. I also have a real problem with heights. I stay as close to ground or sea level as I can get. Dave