Monday, January 26, 2009

Birthday Bouquet

There was a birthday in the family last week, and we had a celebration on the weekend. These flowers are still lovely, and I could not resist getting out the camera and tripod, and taking a few snaps. I tried using bounce flash, but the colours, though accurate, were not to my liking. So, I decided to keep it simple. I took the pole lamp with the swivel head, beside my lazy boy chair, and positioned it above the vase at about a 70 degree angle. Then I put my Minolta 100 mm varisoft lens with a #2 close up filter attached, on the Maxxum 7D, and started to snap a few at f 2.8 for 1/8th of a second, with the softness dialed in at #2. No bounce cards, or anything else. Just an ordinary living room lamp. Hope you like it.

2 comments:

Mike de Moree said...

A great happy Birthday image Dave. Its time to see some flower images. I have enough of Winter.
Thanks
Mike

David c.h. Brown said...

Hey Mike,
This is the time of year when I need a very little reason or excuse to buy flowers. We have had a record winter down here, the most snow in the past 31 years. My neighbours all blame it on me!! LOL
Thanks, Dave