Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Darren.....and "Friends"?

Today, I went on a photo excursion with some folks that I had never met before. They were members of the Windsor Photo Guild, who were out taking photos of old Sandwich Town. One of the places that we eventually came to was the Historic Duff-Baby House. It was built in 1778, and is the oldest building in southwest Ontario. Built by Alexander Duff to be a fur trading post, it was acquired by Jacques Baby in 1807, and used as the headquarters of US General Harrison until it was ravaged during the war of 1812. It is located at 221 Mill Street, in Old Sandwich Town. The fellow on his way up the stairs, stopped for a moment when I asked him to, and let me take a shot of him. After I had done so, he asked me if I had noticed any of his ....."friends". I sort of clued in, and asked him if there were any ghosts in the building. He said that there were three in the building. I did not ask many other questions, as I quickly gathered up my gear, and headed out the door and down the street to catch up with the rest of the gang. Then I got to thinking, I hope that this Darren guy is for real......

No comments: