Saturday, May 23, 2009

Peony

This pretty peony caught my eye as I was shooting my little grandson trying to hit a baseball in his back yard. So eventually I made my way over to this plant, or tree actually, and took a couple of existing light shots with my Fuji FinePix S20Pro set in the closeup mode. When we lived in the north, my wife had peony plants beside our back deck. In this part of the country, things seem to grow on a bigger scale, and this flower is growing on a bush that is almost a tree. As you can see, spring is in full force now, and I am amazed at the colours that are all around me here. I would like to photograph more of it, but I still have quite a bit more remodeling and building to do, before I get somewhat serious about photography again. But this was a splash of colour that I could not resist. Hope you like it also.

2 comments:

John Minkowskyj said...

The sight of a peony is very refreshing.
Was this peony in the garden or amongst the green garbage bags of your neighbours in the metropolis of Windsor? (bad joke, about you municipal strike). Your season must be about 3 to 4 weeks ahead of us.
John Minkowskyj

David c.h. Brown said...

Hi John,
Good to hear from you. Actually there isn't a lot of areas here where garbage is too visible. Have taken 3 trailer loads to the dump myself at $5.00/load LOL. Flower was in my son's back yard in Tecumseh, where there is no strike going on. The Spring season is about 4 to 6 weeks ahead of N.Bay, and it is taking a little getting used to. But Hey, I'll tough it out! Thanks, Dave