Monday, June 1, 2009

Henry's Pride.....

This is a closer version of Henry's Rhododendron. Again, I used a #4 close up filter on my 35 ~105 zoom lens, and got close for this cluster of blooms. Also, I added a bit of soft focus in Corel that gives it a gentle effect. I have not posted much lately, as I have been busy doing a bit of plumbing, a bit of fencing, etc.. So, I must thank my neighbours, Terri and Henry, for material for my postings this evening and night. June is now upon us, and in 3 weeks, the summer solstice again. The kids will be out of school this month, and hopefully, I'll get up north again, and maybe spend a day in a boat drowning worms, and maybe catch a few fish. I am also looking forward to the Red Bull Air Races on the river about 3 blocks from my house. It will be noisy I expect, but also quite exciting to watch, and photograph. That will certainly be a different kind of shooting, than closeups of flowers. It's all good.....

2 comments:

Mike de Moree said...

Spring has definitely arrived in your area Dave. I enjoy seeing the images of all the flowers. Here its still very cold for the time of year. It feels more like the end of April than June. But not much we can do about it.
Mike

David c.h. Brown said...

Hi Mike,
I know what you mean. The locals here tell me that this spring is cooler than usual also. I finished my fence, and planted some roses yesterday. I am hoping they do well. Windsor is called the "City of Roses." Thanks again. Dave