Sunday, June 7, 2009

The Sculptor

The highlight of this weekend here in Windsor, has been "Art in the Park" and the event was held at the Willistead Manor. The air was filled with music of all kinds, and everywhere you looked, people strolled about and enjoyed the art of exhibitors from all over the province and country. This gentleman was from Guelph, and had a booth set up to display and sell his sculptures. I would have loved to bought the one in this photo, but it had a price tag of about $2800.00, and I am sure was worth every penny. We had a pleasant chat, and he agreed to let me take a shot of him and some of his work. It obviously enables him to "stand out from the crowd" so to speak. He was hoping that someone in that crowd would stop by and purchase one of his sculptures. I hope someone did, as I cannot begin to fathom the patience, skill, dedication and time it must require to produce such works of art. My thanks to him for this.

No comments: