Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Lady Walker's Bedside Lamp

This image is for the two ladies who recently became followers of my blog. One is a retired school teacher in Deer Lake, Newfoundland, and calls her blog Gone to the Dogs. Also for Elaine Dale, another Newfoundland lady, who calls her blog A Scattering. Thank you both for following and helping make this little endeavor worthwhile. About a couple of months ago, I happened to take a visit to the Willistead Manor during the Art in the Park event here in Windsor, Ontario. It is a very elegant building, and was the residence of Mr. and Mrs. Edward Chandler Walker. Edward Walker was the son of Hiram Walker who was known for his distillery operations. The home was built between 1904 and 1906, and though quite large, had only one bedroom. This lovely bedside lamp caught my eye, and I decided to grab a quick shot of it as I wandered about. I could have photographed in there for hours. Hope you like it also.

5 comments:

Mike de Moree said...

Hi David,
As always you post very thoughtful words with, not only your images, but also with other peoples pictures. I really appreciate your postings.
Thanks
Mike

David c.h. Brown said...

Hi Mike,
Thank you sir! I appreciate your pictures, comments and views very much. It is so nice to know that my humble endeavors are received so well by you and others as well. Dave

gone to the dogs said...

Thanks so much. what a lovely, elegant lady! I'm not sure if I mentioned this but Elaine Dale is my cousin. We just spent a week together here in Western Newfounland. Elaine has posted some of her holiday pictures. I love the twists and turns that blogging can take!

Deborah

David c.h. Brown said...

Hi Deborah,
Thanks for responding and leaving a name. I did not really wish to call you "Gone to the Dogs" forever. LOL!
I have been following Elaine's postings, and it looks like you both had a wonderful time. I love it out around Cox's Cove. Thanks again,Dave

Haven said...

excellent site.Thanks .........