Monday, September 21, 2009

Autumn Solstice Rose Bud

The past few weeks have been very busy, as I have been doing a few upgrades around the house before it gets too cold. Today, I took a day off, as it was threatening to rain anyway. While sitting on the newly built rear deck, I noticed a rose bud on the bush that is in memory of my father. So I decided to take a picture of it and maybe play with it also in Photoshop or Paint Shop Pro Photo X2. In so doing, I decided that it needed to look a little more masculine, as my Dad was a very rugged type, since he had spent most of his younger years on the water as a sailor. Anyway, this is what I finally came up with. I hope he would have approved.......

Maxxum 7D & 100mm f2.8 Soft Focus Lens with #1 close up filter attached.

7 comments:

John Minkowskyj said...

I like the textures you applied to the print. Sorry you didn't make it up to N.B. for Mike's show. A lot of his prints were of the water pictures from July up till now. Well done, as usual.

David c.h. Brown said...

Hey John,
How goes it? Thanks for you comments as it is nice to get feedback from fellow photographers. Would really have enjoyed Mike's show, and meeting many of the guys again. Maybe another time. Thanks, Dave

Mike de Moree said...

I like the different way you approached the subject Dave. Your image begin to look like paintings and drawings. Keep experimenting I just enjoy seeing your images.
Mike

gone to the dogs said...

It looks like a painting.

David c.h. Brown said...

Thank you Mike and Deborah for your comments. Sometimes I need to do something more than record and image with my camera. It is nice to have fun trying different things using the various photographic editing software available today. Dave

Mike de Moree said...

Hi Dave,
Yes I realized I had that comment coming but I always enjoy your very comments. You are not only an excellent photographer but also know how to write very good and thoughtful comments.
Thanks Mike

David c.h. Brown said...

Hi Mike,
Thank you for kind words regarding my writing. If I remember correctly, it was you who got me started in blogging. I had no idea how to do it.
Thank you sir. Dave