Saturday, November 21, 2009

Autumn Decor

Today I finished raking the last of the leaves from the big old maple tree in my back yard. In the midst of it, there was this leaf which had become entangled in one of the wrought iron sections of the fence that I had built earlier in the spring. It was beautifully back lit by the sun, which has a very nice slant to it this time of the year. So it was time to get out the 75 ~ 300 mm lens and grab a shot before it made its way unto the ground below. Afterward, I sat back and was able to enjoy a nice coffee with Terri and Henry and my wife on the deck/pergola, that I had built after erecting the fence. The temperature reached to about +16 C here in Windsor today. You gotta love that this time of the year.

2 comments:

A Scattering said...

The light this time of the year is THE best, love it. Beautiful capture of the leaf, stunning fence!

David c.h. Brown said...

Hi Elaine,
Thanks for checking in tonight. It is always much appreciated. Dave