Thursday, December 24, 2009

Thinking of Yesteryear......

Well, I got it done again for another year, and it is time to sit back and reflect. One of my favorite recollections goes back some 58 years ago when I was eight years old. Christmas morning, as I came downstairs between my two brothers, I was able to see the tree in the front living room, and there under the tree, Santa had left a gray pearloid coloured button accordion. I leaped over the stair rail, and landed on my behind on the floor below. After picking myself up, I scrambled to the tree, and latched unto the instrument, and it could not have been pried out of my hands with a crowbar, I'm sure. All other presents under the tree went unopened for days, as I drove the entire family nuts, because I was determined to teach myself "Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star." I recently acquired this very rare Hohner Corona lll RS diatonic accordion that now sits under the tree, as a sort of reminder of a time and place when the world was a much different one than it is at present. Occasionally, when I visit my grandchildren, like tonight, I will get to play "Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star" once again, and remember the good old times......Merry Christmas Everyone!

1 comment:

Mike de Moree said...

Happy New Year Dave to you and your family. Keep posting your pictures.
Mike