Friday, December 18, 2009

Welcomed Visitor

Everyone has a day now and then, when nothing seems to be going as you expect it to. The universe is just not unfolding as it should. Well, today was one of those, and since copious quantities of coffee did not seem to be working, I was amazed at the difference that this little Cardinal made in my day, as he decided to visit our feeder just off the back deck. He stopped me in my tracks, and suddenly I realized that his goings and comings were just as important as anyone's in the overall scheme of things. The birds here in southern Ontario are not what I had been used to while living in the North. Yesterday, we had a Red-bellied Woodpecker visit the feeder, and I had never seen one of those before. I hope it will return again, as hopefully I can get a shot of it as well. This Cardinal was photographed from inside the house, through the kitchen window, and as such is somewhat hazy, and not as sharp as I would have liked it to be. But it sure did lend a much needed splash of colour to brighten the day.

2 comments:

Mike de Moree said...

Its still a nice picture of this very beautiful bird David also I noticed no snow. Mind you we don't have the amount which we should have but enough for Christmas. Now I am off to do some more shopping.
Mike

David c.h. Brown said...

Hi Mike,
We finally have snow on the ground this morning, but only about an inch.I am not going to shovel, as it looks so nice. Thanks, Dave