Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

This was shot about 4 years ago, and I have gotten a lot of mileage out of this little set of photos. The violin was from a swap that I made for my old lawn mower, and I gave it to my father-in-law who is quite a fiddler even still at 95 years of age. When he got around to buying himself a much nicer violin, he gave it back to me, and since I do not play this instrument, I got the idea that I could use it as a prop for a "White Violin" series of photos, that would continue on over time. The day that I hung it out on the clothesline, and spray painted it white, my neighbor was sure that I had gone over the edge, and acted a little strange toward me for a while....until he saw some of the black & white photos with this as a prop. At any rate, I have enjoyed using this over the years, and it came in handy this year, especially since I have not used the camera much lately. So this is just to wish one and all a very Happy St. Patrick's Day.......

4 comments:

John Minkowskyj said...

Kissin' the stone, eh!
Nice composition Dave.

David c.h. Brown said...

Hi John,
Thanks for that. Dave

Mike de Moree said...

I like this image David. Obviously your injury is not stopping you from using your creative imagination. Thanks
Mike

David c.h. Brown said...

Hi Mike,
Thanks for kind comments. I am hoping to get rid of this cast on Wednesday, then things will not be quite so awkward...hopefully. It feels pretty good actually...Dave