Friday, April 23, 2010

Meet Zeus....

Lately, I haven't posted very much and a couple of days ago, while trying to get a shot of a cardinal in the tree in our back yard, Zeus wandered by, and I grabbed a quick shot of him. Often when we walk him, we hear comments such as, "is that a wolf?" or "he must have wolf in him." We don't know for sure, but he hails from Geralton, Ontario, which is out all by itself in Northwestern Ontario, so it is highly possible that there might be a touch of wolf in him. I have seen online photos of wolves taken in this region of the country, and the dusting of gray on his legs, which are very long, and his underbelly, are very similar. Zeus's ears are a little longer, as well as his muzzle, but it is easy to see how he could be mistaken for a wolf. However, he is a very gentle animal, and much loved by his owner. After some desaturation and adding some texture, and framing, I arrived at the effect that I liked most. Hope you do also.

2 comments:

Mike de Moree said...

Hi Dave,
I am very happy that you are still making pictures and posting them Hope your hand is healing alright but keep taking pictures.I am looking forward to seeing your postings.
Mike

David c.h. Brown said...

Thanks Mike. The hand is healing nicely, but I have decided to go lightly with it for now. It was an extremely bad break, and I'd rather be safe than sorry at this point. I hope to do some night scenes soon. Dave