Thursday, December 23, 2010

Merry Christmas Everyone!

This little image was done in a bit of a hurry tonight, as I have been very busy working on my kitchen project the last few weeks. It has progressed to the point where things are finally starting to show now. I had promised my wife that she would at least have counter tops to work on this Christmas, and I delivered on that today. So I am taking a break for a few days now to sit back and enjoy the Holidays a bit. Our neighbor, Terri, made this little arrangement and delivered it to our door about a week ago, and tonight, I thought that I would grab a quick shot of it with my accordion in the background. For us, Christmas is all about family, friends, music and good food. I tell everyone to not buy me anything, as I feel that should be just for the kids. But they never pay much heed to my mumblings...! My accordions have been recently tuned by Mr. Leo Niemi of Sudbury, Ontario. He is about 80 now, and a nicer, more humble gentleman you may never meet. He is truly a master at his craft, and is touted by Hohner in Germany as being one of the top accordion tuning technicians in the world. He tuned my older accordion reeds, and I just last week received them, and installed them. It sounds like a totally different instrument now, with a very warm sound. I love it Leo!! It will get a good workout during the Christmas and New Year season this year. For those who might be interested in how the photo was made, I used my 35 ~ 105 mm zoom lens on my Maxxum 7D, and then used the flash in the off camera wireless mode, aimed to bounce off of the ceiling. Then I covered the on camera pop up flash with a kleenex to soften it down a little so as to not cast a harsh shadow behind on the living room wall. It was shot at f4.5 for 1/8 second hand held. Next, I downloaded the image, did a little editing in Corel Paint Shop Pro Photo x2, and uploaded it to this blog. I hope some of you will enjoy it, and I really hope that everyone has a Very Merry Christmas, and a Happy New Year. Catch ya....

7 comments:

John Minkowskyj said...

Merry Christmas and a Happy, Healthy, Prosperous New Year - to all The Browns and everyone that enjoys David's photos and blogs.

David c.h. Brown said...

Hi John,
Thank you, and Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you and your family. Dave

Mike de Moree said...

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you you and your family David. I will be looking forward to see your pictures and read your stories next year. Enjoy the holidays.
Mike

David c.h. Brown said...

A Very Merry Christmas and a Healthy and Happy New Year to you and your family Mike. Thanks again for your input on my little blog. Dave

Krys and Paul said...

Wow, Dave, a musician, too! Great story and pic!

David c.h. Brown said...

Thanks Krys and Paul. Me..a musician? I think not. I do not read a note of music, and play strictly by ear. As such, there is a lot of "dirt" in my renditions. But I do have a play list of over 600 tunes that I draw on when I do a Pub....Dave

Krys and Paul said...

Wow! If that is not a musician... I was so amazed at the statistic on the percentage of artists and musicians in NL - if they are all as modest as you are, NL should be enshrined as a an exhibition hall.