Friday, January 28, 2011

Little Splash of Colour......

A couple of days ago, Mike posted a lovely photo of a flower box in a window, surrounded by snow. It was beautiful. So Mike, this one is for you. My friend Frank, and I went for a tramp in the woods today at the Ojibway Conservation area here in Windsor. It was very overcast and snowing a little, and I did not think that I would find anything too interesting. However, as we walked amongst the tall trees, this little splash of colour caught my eye, and I went over and took a quick shot with my 75 ~ 300 mm zoom lens. Each little flower is about the size of a pencil eraser. When everything is drab and cold, little scenes that add warmth such as this can only be captured in winter. So I hope you enjoy it also.....

2 comments:

Krys and Paul said...

What is it, Dave - looks a bit like bittersweet with the berries eaten out.

David c.h. Brown said...

Krys & Paul,
I have no idea what this is, but even this little bit of colour on a grey overcast day just jumps out at you. Thanks, Dave