Friday, January 21, 2011

Tiny Pink Blossoms

Today is bright and sunny here in Windsor, and I decided to take a break from building the kitchen.....still. It is starting to look like a kitchen now, with the new counter top, sink, and cupboards all up with the trim on them. Next comes building the doors and drawers... the fun stuff! Sitting in the front window is a plant that the grandchildren gave to my wife about a year ago. The blossoms are about 1/4 to 3/8ths of an inch wide, and are a very lovely pink colour. About this time of the year, I start to get a little antsy to see something besides white everywhere. Hence the flowers today. I used my Minolta 75 ~ 300 mm AF zoom lens for this shot, with 3 magnifying filters attached, for a total of 7 diopters. I have a macro lens, but it is for my old manual film cameras, and would need an adapter to work on the digital. Nothing is cheap or available for long these days, as more and more new technology hits the market. So one uses what one has, and is content with the results, whatever it happens to be. This is my offering on this cold January day. Hope it helps warm your spirits also.

3 comments:

John Minkowskyj said...

And it warms my spirit too....

David c.h. Brown said...

Hey John,
Nice to hear from you again. Another 6 weeks or so, and we'll have it beat. Thanks, Dave

Krys and Paul said...

Very warming!