Tuesday, January 11, 2011

When We Were Young....

They are both adults now, with children of their own. This photo was taken about 33 years ago, and is another scan from an old slide. It was taken at Sandy Lake, NFLD. and again, it's nice to remember "the good old days." It was probably taken with my old Minolta SRT101, and a 50mm f1.4 lens on it. It was the only lens I had for years, and it makes me believe we have much too much extra gear these days. Hope you enjoy this little portrait as well....

6 comments:

Mike de Moree said...

Beautiful image David. I guess it brings back a lot of memories.
Thanks
Mike

David c.h. Brown said...

Thanks Mike,
Shooting slides was not unlike shooting digitally today. The photos get lost in a box somewhere....Dave

Krys and Paul said...

Lovely! We drove by Sandy Lake on our first visit to NL this summer. We only saw what you can see from the highway travelling fast. I remember wondering if it would be like Point Pelee where all my childhood summers were spent.

David c.h. Brown said...

Krys & Paul,
Maybe a little bit like Point Pelee, but I doubt that you would have had the Mosquitoes and black flies, aka Royal Newfoundland Air Force, like Sandy Lake...or the Moose..LOL! Dave

Krys and Paul said...

Hahaha! No, but the fish flies could be just as efficient at air cover, especially now when DDT is no longer permitted. And now, poison ivy reigns supreme and the sun, well, skin cancer is definitely in my future ;-) I must say that last summer we had no mosquitoes or black flies at all!

Krys and Paul said...

In NL!