Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Winters Past...

A couple of days ago, I came across a few boxes of old slides that had been stashed away out in the garage. Since I was making a lot of sawdust from power tools out there, I rescued them before they were totally ruined. Anyway, this slide caught my eye, and it was shot somewhere in the North about 37 years ago. It brought back many pleasant memories. Since I haven't done any shooting recently, I thought I would scan this one, and post it here. After scanning 3 or 4 of these old slides from many years ago, I had to ask myself if it was really worthwhile to invest in newer digital cameras, or go back to shooting film....while it is still available from Fuji. I am kind of doubting that the files from modern digital cameras will be as archival as film. Also, the scans revealed a totally smooth tonal transition of skin tones especially, that I haven't been able to find the past several years, while shooting digitally. Maybe it is time to dust off the old cameras, and put them to use again....now that I have my cupboards finally built. The kitchen is not finished yet, but the end is in sight, hopefully before the nice warm weather reappears.

1 comment:

Krys and Paul said...

Lovely northern history shot. How few people ever saw this in real life!