Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Just a Few More Days...

In just a few more days, we will be celebrating Canada Day, and Dominion Day in Newfoundland. This posting tonight is my little tip of the hat to all of the Canadian Do It Yourselfers out there. The last 3 drawers for the bottom cupboards are in the photo on the left, and the drawer fronts are in the making, in the one on the right. This project has had more than its fair share of skinned knuckles, cut fingers, copious quantities of coffee and coke, and a few beers as well along the way. The end is near, and while it has had its trials and frustrations, I have enjoyed the journey. There were many lessons along the way, and may I say that much was learned. Now...to build and assemble the Lazy Susan doors.....

P.S. I bought fresh batteries today for my Maxxum 9 film camera at Henry's. Whooo hooo! Can't wait to shoot and shoot and drain them dry eh....I have a fridge full of black and white film that is still good.

4 comments:

John MInkowskyj said...

Your deck looks great! Be nice to see your finished kitchen.
Goood shooootin'.

Happy Canada Day!!!!

David c.h. Brown said...

Hey John,
Thanks for compliments on the deck. It was built just after the fence in the background. I haven't stopped building since moving to Windsor, but it is finally almost all done now. Don't know what I'll do with myself....Dave

David c.h. Brown said...

Hey Again John,
Happy Canada Day to you and yours also!!! Hope you do something fun. Dave

Mike de Moree said...

Would love to see your kitchen Dave. I wish I had the talent and the patience to do what you have done. Congratulations.
Mike