Thursday, June 23, 2011

Music and a Coffee to Start the Day....

Today, just as I was about to make another attack on the kitchen cupboard doors, I decided that I'd take a shot of my "work in progress"... As usual, my old Panasonic portable radio sits amongst the mess on a bench near by and is tuned to CBC Classical Music Station. This same radio used to accompany me on literally hundreds of evenings in the darkroom while I printed for hours and hours into the wee hours of the morning. Now, it performs the same task for me, covered as it is in layers of sawdust and cobwebs. When I took these shots, I had a good chuckle at myself, as it made me remember the many times that I used to watch the pristine environment of the New Yankee Workshop and Norm Abram perform his many wonders. Well, my shop is anything but pristine while I am at work. But then, I'm no Norm Abram, and do not have any TV crew following my every move. Yup! Just three more drawers and fronts to go, and after I lay the new flooring down, my wife will have a new kitchen. It has been a real learning experience, and if I had known before I started what I know now.........

6 comments:

Krys and Paul said...

Congratulations! You have really accomplished something amazing - and no one ever thinks to take photos along the way that help people appreciate both the effort and the ability to make it so interesting to look at!

David c.h. Brown said...

Hey Krys and Paul,
Thanks for looking in...What a mess eh? If the light at the end of the tunnel is a train, I'm hopping aboard! Thanks, Dave

John Minkowskyj said...

How long has this project taken?

David c.h. Brown said...

Hey John,
I started last September, and due to the crazy weather we and everyone else has had, had to be VERY patient. I have no heat in the workshop...Yet! Wood does not work well when it is frozen. Neither do I. Anyway, when you make all of the doors, and drawers and cabinets from scratch, it takes a lot more time than one would imagine. Meanwhile, you have to go on with daily living. Thanks again. Dave

Frank said...

WAY TO GO DAVE! ALMOST DONE AND LOOKING GOOD!
BEV WOULD LIKE A NEW KITCHEN ALSO--I TOLD HER "NO"

David c.h. Brown said...

Hey Frank,
I think maybe I just won't go there...LOL! I want to stay friends with both of you eh. Dave