Sunday, June 12, 2011

Mystery Plant.....

This plant caught my eye as it was back lit by the sun, which made it appear to jump out at you. Just what this plant is, is a mystery to me. I tried to do a little research on Google, but could not come up with anything. So, if anyone has the name for this plant, feel free to clue me in. I could have excluded the light pole behind it, but felt it would be a good item to give it scale and dimension. For those who would find it interesting, both this shot and the Passion Flower below, were shot with the same lens....my Minolta 75 ~ 300 mm AF zoom, on my Maxxum 7D camera, which is a nice range of photos from one lens. Hope you enjoy.

P.S. Mystery solved! My wife did some research today and came up with the name for this plant. It is a Colocasia Odora plant, aka. Upright Elephant Ears plant. It is a tropical plant that obviously does quite well in this area also.

3 comments:

John Minkowskyj said...

It almost looks tropical

David c.h. Brown said...

Hey John,
It almost is tropical here....most of the time except this year..LOL!
Thanks, Dave

Krys and Paul said...

I think it is an elephant ear palm http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/go/76290/