Sunday, June 12, 2011

Passion Flower.....

After finishing the pantry yesterday, I figured it was time to play for a day. We took a jaunt down to Amherstburg again, and enjoyed the sights and sounds along the river at the Royal Naval Yard Park. There is a section of it there dedicated to Hosta plants, and I had no idea there were so many varieties of these plants. Just as we were leaving, my wife came across this lovely blossom. Neither of us knew just what it was, but I enjoyed taking a few shots of it. Since our neighbor Terri is an authority on all green things that grow, I decided to ask her over to see if she could identify it for us. She names plants like "that white thing that grows beside the garbage pail" etc.. so I figured that she knew about as much as we did. Sure enough, as soon as she saw it, she said it was a "Passion Flower". So I did a Google search, and sure enough, I came across this very blossom, and it said that it was a "Passion Flower to Kindle Sleep"..... O.K. then! Sounds great to me! That mystery was solved, and there is another very large broad leafed plant that I have no idea what it is, so I will rely on someone else, anyone else, to tell me what it is. I'll post it next. Hope you enjoy a little passion today.....

2 comments:

John Minkowskyj said...

This 'Passion Flower' seems to have a combination of many flowers. I see Lilly, Orchid, Chrysanthemum ....
I've taken pictures of them before, they are quite remarkable.
Thanks Dave.

David c.h. Brown said...

Hey John,
I really haven't done a lot of traveling and I find flowers or plants around here that I have no idea what they are. Everything grows here, and the colours are amazing. Thanks, Dave