Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Dad's Roses

Yesterday, I ventured out on another quick photo excursion all the way to the back yard again. Our back yard is full of roses right now, and this particular shot was from the bush that I had planted in memory of my Dad. He has been on my mind a bit lately, and so I thought that I would do another shot or two to see what I could come up with. When I downloaded this file, I was happy with the results, but felt that something else could be done with it, to help transform it into something loosely resembling art. I played with it in Corel, using some filters that I did not know that I had in that program, and this was the final result. It needed to look old, but not as in "sepia" or the usual aging filters in the various available software. Hope you like it also.

2 comments:

Krys and Paul said...

Lovely rose. Lovely story. Lovely photo.

David c.h. Brown said...

Krys and Paul,
Thanks for checking in tonight. I really enjoy realism in art and photography, but there are times when you like to deviate from the usual path, and this was one of them. Dave