Sunday, August 14, 2011

Eyes in the Back of His Head....

Tonight, along with our neighbors Terri and Henry, we attended an excellent concert in Rheaume Park, just about 5 minutes drive from home. The concert was performed by the Greater Windsor Concert Band, and they played tunes from Broadway Shows. Before the music began, I approached the conductor, and inquired if it would be possible to take a few shots during the concert. He advised me that it was no problem, so after about 20 minutes of enjoying the music, I decided to take a stroll around the perimeter, making sure to keep a reasonable distance away. My 75 ~ 300 mm lens was on the camera, and that ensured that I did not have to get very close. While walking around the back of the band, I had a very uneasy feeling that one of the band members was watching me. But I was behind everyone. Then all of a sudden, my eye caught this trombone player wearing his sun glasses on the back of his cleanly shaven head. It looked for all the world like a forehead to me, but it had no nose....I almost laughed out loud, so I grabbed 2 or 3 shots of him. It kind of catered to my twisted sense of humor, and hopefully it will give some of you a chuckle as well.

2 comments:

Krys and Paul said...

Definitely a bit disconcerting ;-)

David c.h. Brown said...

Krys and Paul,
It really was disconcerting. I had been standing there for a minute or so, and all the while felt like I was being "watched". Then when I saw these sunglasses being worn backwards, it was a pleasant and funny surprise. Thanks, Dave