Sunday, September 11, 2011

Petunias

This little sprig of Petunias was hanging over the side of some old derelict farm equipment at the Thiessen Pick Your Own Apples Orchard today. The rusted old metal provided a nice background for the colourful blossoms, and I had to stop a minute to grab a couple of shots. I am going to use this little image to welcome aboard my blog paulatorres-96: k_klassen: and Ken Harris. Thanks for your interest folks, and I hope my ramblings on here are, for the most part, to your liking.
It has been very rainy here for the past 3 days or so, and the orchard was full of muddy paths everywhere. Cars had to be left out on the road, but I took a chance and was able to park close to where we would pick apples, and pay for them afterward. Hopefully our new kitchen will soon have the wonderful aroma of apple pies emanating from within. Then there are the preserves, like apple butter, and apple jelly. Ooooh Yeah! You gotta love this time of the year when all of the fruit and produce is fresh and available everywhere.

3 comments:

Ken Harris said...

I really enjoy viewing your pictures as I am starting to get back into photography after being out of it for a very long time.
I also read on your blog about your kids and I went to school with both of them in Widdifield Secondary school in North Bay. Tell them I said hi the next time you see them.
Looking forward to seeing more of your photos and it inspires me to get out and take more pictures.

David c.h. Brown said...

Hey Ken,
OMG! That is too funny! It never ceases to amaze me who you run into online or who may be interested in my crazy ramblings. Glad to hear that you are getting back into photography again. I really does make life richer, or poorer, depending on how much of an equipment junkie you happen to be. I will inform the kids/adults for sure. Hope life is good for you. Thanks, Dave

Krys and Paul said...

I love these tiny remnants of flowers at the end of the season - especially with such a lovely coloured and textured background!

Thanks for the welcome - I've been trying to keep up with your lovely mixture of photos and text. We're footloose so I tend to too many photos and not enough text, and certainly not as interesting as yours! Also not as talented a photographer but, as they say, it doesn't take much to produce an adequate photo but quite a lot to get it to the next level such as yours.