Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Something's a Little Weird...

This afternoon, my wife was working in the garden as usual, pruning and weeding, and I heard her call to me to come and see something weird. Well, "what could possibly be weird in a garden" I was mumbling to myself as I went to where she was. She had almost pruned this branch off, but noticed this rosebud that looked a little strange. Upon closer examination, it seems that there is another branch growing out of the center of this rosebud, and another rosebud growing on top but unopened yet. Alright then, which gods have we vexed lately? This was totally unusual, and if there is some name for this anomoly in the plant kingdom, I would appreciate it if someone could clue me in. Until then, it has been suggested that since this rosebush grows about 10 feet away from this room, and the window is opened a lot, maybe I should change my musical repetoire a little when playing my accordion, if the plants are going to react in this way... Heck, maybe I should take up another instrument altogether. Nah! My wife would kill me for sure........

P.S. Our neighbor Terri, came across with her camera and took a couple of great shots of this rosebud. She submitted it to the local TV station, and it was used on the 6:00 pm news a couple of hours later. Good for you girl!

No comments: