Saturday, October 8, 2011

All is Quiet on Tilden Lake

About a week ago, we took a trip North to visit family and do a little visiting with old friends. We decided that it was time for a quick meal and stopped at the little park in Tilden Lake on Hwy. 11N. about 20 minutes north of North Bay, Ont.. It was while I was eating my sandwich that I realized that....no, I do not miss the blackflies, or the bitter cold of Northern Ontario winters, and a few other things that I'll not mention. However, I do miss these little quiet places that are to be found in the North. The little bench in the lower right of the picture was so very inviting, but unfortunately it was still soaking wet from a recent rain. Otherwise, I probably would have stayed a little longer to reflect and enjoy the quiet. This one is for Mike, John, Ed and the rest of my old photo buddies as well. Pretty soon there will be ice fishermen out there, and snowmobiles roaring all over. I prefer to remember this place as it is here. Hope you enjoy it also, and Happy Thanksgiving to everyone.....

6 comments:

Krys and Paul said...

A wonderful scene for thanksgiving.

David c.h. Brown said...

Hi Krys and Paul,
Thank you and I hope you had a very nice Thanksgiving yourselves. It was so quiet and peaceful there, I wanted to stay longer. It was getting dark, and that's when the moose like to come out to play on the highway...Dave

Mike de Moree said...

Thanks very much for this picture David. Yes there are some drawbacks living in the North but we, Marianne and i, like the quiet of the North.We like visiting Southern Ontario because we miss the cultural amenities which are lacking in the North.

David c.h. Brown said...

Thanks Mike. I miss the quiet places too, and I never dreamed that I would eventually retire in Windsor. But nowhere is perfect, and you take a hold of life and enjoy it where ever you happen to be. Dave

Krys and Paul said...

There are some amazingly quiet and lovely places in Essex County, too. Point Pelee is one of my favourites, of course, especially in spring or fall or winter. Though summer mornings can be amazing, too. I rented a cottage and watched the sunrise with what I thought was a statue of a heron on the next jetty ;-)

David c.h. Brown said...

Krys and Paul,
That sounds wonderful. Have only been to Point Pelee once for a short while, and it was in the winter. Must try some of the marsh areas in my canoe next Summer. Thanks, Dave