Monday, March 12, 2012

A "Blanket" of Snow...

It has been such a hard winter in a lot of the country this year, and in other places like here in Windsor, winter was a non event. This is a shot of my neighbours car that caught my eye recently after a "wicked" snowfall of about 2 inches. It gave me a chuckle as I remembered the days when I would have to climb up on the roof of our home in the North, and use the snow scoop to remove the waist high snow to prevent the roof from caving in... Don't miss that at all, and my back is enjoying the "break" also.

5 comments:

John Minkowskyj said...

Nice to see a posting.
Is the plate cover illegal because it distorts the numbers?

David c.h. Brown said...

Hey John
Nice to hear from you again. Plate cover blurred at neighbours request. Hope to be posting more frequently from now on. Beautiful weather here now, +14 in the shade right now. Love it eh! Thanks, Dave

John Minkowskyj said...

It was +10 here yesterday.

Warm enough to make movies. Hollywood is in town filming a sci-fi thriller called "The Colony".
Starring Laurence Fishburne & Bill Paxton. They are filming around the water filtration plant at Lake Nipissing & at the base underground.

Krys and Paul said...

I had to look very carefully - amazing how the snow stuck together to form a 'fabric'. Also makes an interesting still life.

David c.h. Brown said...

Hi Krys & Paul,
The snow does look like a fabric and the conditions have to be just right. When I returned from shopping, the "blanket" was gone, and I was glad I took the time to grab a shot of it. Thanks again, Dave