Wednesday, March 14, 2012

March Break 2012

This shot is for John in North Bay. Apparently it has been quite warm there also, and there have been some film crews about town taking advantage of the mild winter weather. Today, Frank and I went for quite a lengthy bike ride...well it was for me as it was my first one this year. Yup, that's my "Harley" in the foreground. We eventually found our way down to the park beside Lake St. Clair just where it empties into the Detroit River. It was about 4:30 pm when I shot this and it was about +24 C at the time. The thing about Windsor is that the seasons change literally overnight sometimes, and I am still trying to get used to the temperatures actually rising during the night time hours. I guess it is due to "lake effects" weather here, although a lot of people will give global warming the credit for it. It really gives my wife and I a big chuckle when we hear local folks talk about they can't wait to go to Florida to escape the cold winters here.....It was a great bike ride on this March winters' day!

2 comments:

Krys and Paul said...

I like the shadows in this shot - the advantage of this time of year is definitely the angle of the sun.
Every day like this is just a taste of what is to come!

David c.h. Brown said...

Hi Krys & Paul,
This time of the year, and in the Autumn also, the shadows are longer and I enjoy them also. Thanks for looking in again. Dave