Sunday, May 13, 2012

Tulips...

It has been so long since I posted last that I almost forgot how to log on to this thing. That's what happens when you sometimes "hit the wall" with photography or any other creative endeavor. For whatever reason, it seems that you become so distracted with other goings on that you tend to get detached from the thing that gives a lot of pleasure. Tonights offering is a result of a little walk that my wife and I took a week ago down at the Naval Yards in Amhurstberg, Ont. There was a nice bed of tulips there, but when I got closer, it was obvious that they were about to wilt and die. But I took a shot or two anyway, and thought I might like to play with them a little bit in Corel Painter Essentials 3, and Corel Paint Shop Pro x4. The result is a pretty clumsy piece of artwork as I have not used the Painter Essentials before. But for a first effort, it will have to do. By the way, Happy Mother's Day to all of the Mothers out there today.

6 comments:

John Minkowskyj said...

Great to see more of your work.
Thanks.

David c.h. Brown said...

Thanks for checking in John. Have a good day. Dave

Krys and Paul said...

Always amazing seeing tulips at all stages - it's as though they turn into another kind of flower entirely - love this,David!

David c.h. Brown said...

Thanks for looking in Krys and Paul. I was having a bad case of insomnia when I did this one. I never know where it will lead me to. Dave

Mike de Moree said...

Glad to see that you are back posting pictures again Dave. I guess oyur camera friends in North Bay missed you.

David c.h. Brown said...

Hi Mike,
Thanks for looking in. We just returned from the North last evening only to hear that there is a serious family illness this morning. We will likely be returning North again tomorrow. Maybe I'll get a chance to give you a call this time. Dave1