Thursday, June 28, 2012

Datura Pentaswirl....

This unopened Datura blossom was shot at about 6:30 pm, and it has opened up fully at the time of this posting. It would have made an interesting shot if I had done about 10 multiple exposures spaced about 10 minutes apart. Hindsight is 20/20 so they say. This is my first posting from my new laptop, and it will be nice to be able to do a little posting while I am "on the road" at various points in time. As for this "Datura PentaSwirl", I just enjoyed the lovely graphic symetry of it in this state. Hope you like it also....


4 comments:

John MInkowskyj said...

I am constantly enthralled by natures pattern. We as photographers shoot it, manipulate it and print it.
Most of the time the patterns are perfect. Your photo is like that.
That is why we take photographs, to show to others. I always get satisfaction when someone sees a photo and states that they have never seen that before, that they have gone by this object and never noticed. And now they do.
Aahhh! the Datura Pentaswirl.

David c.h. Brown said...

Hey John
Thanks for your comments. It's nice to beable to check out the blog while I'm "on the road". Hope you had and enjoyable Canada Day. Dave

Krys and Paul said...

Wow!

David c.h. Brown said...

Thanks Krys and Paul. Yeah, that's what I said too when I saw this lovely plant all set to bloom. The blossoms are at this stage for only a very short while before they unfurl into a lovely trumpet shape. Would love to do a multiple exposure time lapse series of this event sometime. Dave