Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Since I seem to be in a yesteryear frame of  mind, I decided to post this image of a "homestead lass" that I ran into while walking about an old heritage site on the shores of Lake Erie on the weekend. She was very polite and cheerful, but it must have been very warm in that period costume. I did not get her name, but I told her that I would likely post her photo on my blog, and she didn't mind. So thank you young lady, you play the part very well. Then again, she is probably always a pleasant person, unlike many of the young folks you sometimes encounter, with their sullen expressions of cold intensity. She was a refreshing encounter for sure.......

4 comments:

John Minkowskyj said...

Great output of photos on your new-look website. Interesting stories accompanying the photos. Nice to see you posting again.
Thank You, David.

Mike de Moree said...

I am enjoying your new look blog david. Also I enjoy your pictures of the various people you met on your excursion to the tall ship and the heritage site. Yes when you come up North gain I definitely would love to go out and take pictures around your old North Bay neighborhood.
Mike

David c.h. Brown said...

Hey John,
Thanks for checking in again, and I hope to be a little more consistant in the future. Things have been a little unsettled lately, and I have not had the time to spend doing photography. I almost have to learn how to do portraits again...Thanks, Dave

David c.h. Brown said...

Hey Mike,
Thanks for your comments, and it looks like I will be in the North again next week. There's a chance I'll get a day free and I'll touch base with you if I can. Hopefully things will go well this trip. Dave