Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Old Timers Tools.....

Just exactly what this old tool was used for, I have no idea. It is another one that was on display at the old Heritage Village. Since there was a collection on old horse shoes nearby on the bench, I assume it had something to do with those. This place made me stop and wonder what we would do today if most of us had to get up every morning and go to a place of work such as this. Back then, if you were the lazy sort, you would starve. I doubt very much that these folks had pensions to look forward to. You worked and worked until you died. Come to think of it, I knew a few of those folks.....

4 comments:

Mike de Moree said...

I would not know what the tool could be but I am certain my friend Bert would know. Anyway I like the picture. Going to these type of museums is always a visual adventure for me. The old buildings nearly always have very nice natural lighting.
Thanks

David c.h. Brown said...

Good Morning Mike! Thanks for checking in and for your comments. I haven't gotten out to do as much photography as I would like to so far this year. But I always enjoy the challenge of natural light in some of these old homesteads. It is not always ideal, or so called "correct", but you do the best you can. Thanks, Dave

Krys and Paul said...

A sausage machine?

David c.h. Brown said...

Krys and Paul,
It could be, but I'm not sure what it would be doing in a blacksmiths shop. The horse shoes close by seems to have some connection with it. Thanks, Dave