Sunday, August 12, 2012

Cardinal...

This flashy red fellow stopped by to check us out yesterday, as we enjoyed a beverage with our neighbours on the back deck. Luckily I had time to grab my camera and fire off a shot or two. He is sitting in one of the many "Rose of Sharon" bushes that surround our back yard, and our neighbours also. The Cardinal is here in Windsor pretty much all year around, as they do not seem to migrate South like a lot of the other birds. So tonight, I thought I would post this shot for Maria Rosseeuw from the "land down under". It is still Winter down there yet, but before long, they will be enjoying the warmer weather, while we contend with our "version" of Winter. Welcome aboard my little blog Maria. I hope you are enjoying your retirement also.

2 comments:

Krys and Paul said...

A great Christmas card - if only Christmas were so green here ;-)

David c.h. Brown said...

Hi Krys and Paul,
Thanks for comments. Actually I enjoy shooting pics of these flashy fellows when there is snow falling or in the background. It makes them really pop out. Dave