Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Raindrops on "White Trumpet" Datura

Just a simple little image of this lovely "White Trumpet Flower" (Datura) that I took this afternoon shortly after a brief rainfall. My wife planted 2 or 3 of these bushes around our front steps, and they have been blooming like wildfire lately. When I saw the rain drops on them, I had to run for the camera and grab a couple of shots. I may post another B & W shot of another blossom on my other site for those who would like that.....

P.S. After reviewing this posting, it just occurred to me that there are no rain drops on the leaves of this plant....only on the blossom. I have no idea why. No, I did not spritz water on it...honest.


2 comments:

Krys and Paul said...

So dramatic!

David c.h. Brown said...

Thanks Krys and Paul. These beauties come out at night, but my wife has cleaned them all out now. They are actually a weed, and grow like crazy. Dave