Saturday, August 4, 2012

Rusty Old Ford.....

This old Ford caught my eye just as I was about to leave the car show in Amherstburg. There it sat, in all of its rich, rusty "patina". It was in stark contrast to all of the glimmer and glitz of the other old cars that everyone was drooling over. It reminded me of a tired old dog, resting under the shade of an old tree on a hot day. I could have spent an hour photographing that old truck, but I find that crowds of people milling about too distracting. So I grabbed a couple of shots, and wished that I had come across this old relic out behind a barn somewhere, so I could have it all to myself. Hope you enjoy it also.....

4 comments:

Mike de Moree said...

That is a very beautiful image Dave. The colour and the strong but simple design of the different shapes and lines turned this into an outstanding picture. Thanks for sharing.

David c.h. Brown said...

Thank you for your comment Mike. I very much appreciate them. FYI, I will be starting to use my Mamiya RB67 again in a few days as I will finally have the set up to process B&W film again...LOL! I am quite excited about it, and hope to be posting some images soon. Dave

Krys and Paul said...

Wonderful!

David c.h. Brown said...

Krys and Paul,
Glad you enjoyed it also. Thanks, Dave